Phase 1 Route
The Red Line will run from Broad Ripple through downtown Indy to the University of Indianapolis, connecting several neighborhoods, major employers and cultural institutions with frequent, comfortable rapid transit service. The route will come within a quarter mile of more than 50,000 residents and nearly 150,000 jobs – a quarter of all jobs in Marion County.
Throughout most of the day, buses will arrive every ten minutes, and the Red Line will operate for 20 hours each day, 7 days a week.
- Q3 2017: Complete Design Documents / Begin Bids
- August 31st: Solicitation Release
- Sept 19th: Pre-Bid
- October 3rd: Questions Due
- October 12th: Answers Provided
- November 13th: Bids Due
- November 13th: Bid Opening
- December 7th: IndyGo Board Approval of construction contractor
- 2018: Construction
- Substantial Construction will take place over all of 2018.
- A Detailed Construction schedule will be available when a construction contractor is selected by the end of 2017.
- 2019: Open for Service
Dive into the FAQs if you are curious about Red Line operations, planning, funding, physical features, benefits, or impacts. Can’t find an answer to your question in the F A Qs? Please submit a question and we will happily answer it.
Red Line Detailed Plans
Scroll along this map to see a plan view of the Red Line. You’ll be able to see lane configurations, station locations and other details of the project.