Week of May 20, 2019.
- Virginia Avenue will be resurfaced beginning on or after May 22. Drivers should expect intermittent lane closures and flaggers around paving crews. Work will begin at Prospect Street and continue north to Maryland Street. On-street parking will be restricted during work activities. No parking signs will be posted 48-hours in advance of the work.
- One lane of Virginia Avenue will be temporarily restricted near the Virginia Avenue stations this week for concrete work on the platforms. Flaggers will be used to direct traffic through the remaining open lane and around the work zones. This will take place:
- At the Woodlawn Avenue stations on May 21
- At the Merrill Street stations on May 23
- At the New Jersey stations on May 29
- Construction of the station structures is continuing.
- Pavement markings will be placed on Virginia Ave beginning on (or after) June 3. This work is expected to be completed in one week with short-term lane restrictions around work areas.